As the impact of COVID-19 unfolds, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation continues to provide free resources for food and nutrition practitioners to address food security, food waste and hunger.
These resources, which are made possible through the generosity of our donors, include:
- Connect families with a local food bank
- Educate families on how to shop and prepare meals to reduce food waste through the Future of Food Tossed Treasure program
- Lead an assessment to identify the best solutions to improve food security in your community, given the resources available with the Food Security Solutions toolkit
- Interact with the Healthy Food Bank Hub to submit a healthy recipe, write a blog, increase your online presence, and network with colleagues.
- Share learning opportunities and healthy eating activities for kids in your community that utilize down time at home by visiting the Kids Eat Right webpage.
The Academy Foundation works year-round to support Academy members through scholarships, awards, grants, fellowships and public education tools. To make a donation to support these programs and the profession, visit the Foundation's donation page.