Professional Development and Publications
The Academy provides a comprehensive range of professional development activities, publications and evidence-based resources, catering to the diverse needs of nutrition and dietetics practitioners. From rigorous research in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to live webinars, conferences, and specialized training, members can access unparalleled resources to advance their careers and contribute to the improvement of global health through food and nutrition.
- Our flagship publication, the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, is a peer-reviewed science journal featuring research, scientific studies, and scholarly articles related to nutrition and dietetics. The Journal publishes original research, systematic reviews, position papers, and other forms of scientific literature. It is a valuable resource for professionals, researchers, and students in the field, providing access to current and reliable information. The Journal contributes to the advancement of knowledge, evidence-based practice, and the overall development of the field of nutrition and dietetics.
- The Academy provides professional development offerings to support the continuous growth and learning of its members. These offerings include webinars, online courses and certificates of training, as well as its annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo®. These opportunities allow professionals to stay updated on the latest research, trends, and best practices in nutrition and dietetics. The professional development offerings aim to enhance the knowledge and skills of practitioners, enabling them to provide high-quality care and services to their clients and patients.
- The Academy offers a comprehensive publications program that provides valuable resources and educational materials to professionals in the field. This includes a wide range of textbooks and reference titles for various topics related to nutrition, dietetics and health. These books serve as authoritative references, offering evidence-based information, practical guidelines, and research findings to support practitioners in their work. In addition, many titles are available as eBooks.
- The Nutrition Care Manual®, Pediatric Nutrition Care Manual® and Sports Nutrition Care Manual® are professional practice resources for RDNs with the largest client education library of customizable nutrition education materials and current evidence-based nutrition recommendations for adults, children, and athletes.
- Electronic Nutrition Care Process Terminology (eNCPT) is the definitive online publication that contains the full collection of standardized terminology (almost 1,700 terms) and a comprehensive explanation of the Nutrition Care Process.
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!