03/26/2020 - To support the provision of nutrition services by RDNs during the COVID-19 national emergency, the Academy has itemized the following state requirements and exemptions:
- Whether a licensing state offers an accelerated pathway to licensure via endorsement by CDR verification of an RDN’s qualifications
- Whether a licensing state offers an accelerated pathway to licensure via reciprocity (a determination of equivalence with another state’s education, experience and exam qualifications)
- Whether licensure requirements are relaxed during an emergency, or whether a state offers temporary, provisional or limited licenses under certain circumstances
- Qualifications and conditions for Medicaid reimbursement
- Whether a state requires a separate license specifically for provision of services via telehealth
This information is designed to facilitate delivery of your services via telehealth in multiple states. The Academy continues to invest in efforts to establish a licensure compact that will further simplify service delivery across state lines.
- Licensure Guidelines By State for Practice During COVID-19
- State Regulatory Flexibilities During COVID-19 as of April 24, 2020
For additional information about telehealth, visit the Academy’s Licensure and Telehealth webpage.
For further information about state licensure, visit the Academy’s interactive Licensure Map.