September 30, 2021
CHICAGO – Dietetics professionals will address the role of the registered dietitian nutritionist during a time of national health inequity and an ongoing global pandemic at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2021 Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ October 16 to 19. The meeting will be a virtual event in response to safety considerations due to COVID-19.
Registered dietitian nutritionists, nutrition and dietetic technicians, registered, dietetic technicians, registered, nutrition science researchers, policy makers, health care providers and industry leaders from around the world are expected to participate online in more than 100 cutting-edge nutrition science research and education presentations, panel discussions and poster presentations.
This year's FNCE® program also features the latest developments in diabetes management, health equity, body positivity, technology and much more.
FNCE® highlights include: (all times Central)
Saturday, October 16
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Foundation Symposium: The Critical Role of Nutrition and Its Impact on Stress
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Foundation Symposium: Food as Medicine - Practical Applications for Registered Dietitians Across Practice Settings
- 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Leveraging Nutrition Every Step of the Way: Nutrition Equity, Early Intervention and Treating the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
Sunday, October 17
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Opening Session: The Infinite Mindset: A Fireside Chat with Simon Sinek, ethnographer and best-selling author.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Cart to Counter: Leveraging Personality Data and Technology to Boost the Grocery Experience
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: The Conundrum of Diabetes Care: It's More Than Counting Carbs
- 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Nourishing Our Communities Through A Pandemic: Stories Of Resilience From The Front Lines
Monday, October 18
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Member Showcase: Limitless: Unleash and Master Your Mind's Potential featuring Jim Kwik, a best-selling author, podcaster and founder of Kwik Learning.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Are You Ready for the Future? Artificial Intelligence Is Coming Your Way
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Black Dietitians Matter: Addressing Inequities and Exploring Strategies for Increasing Blacks in Nutrition and Dietetics
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.: One Size Does Not Fit All: How Mindful Eating and Healthy Weight-loss Strategies Can Coexist
Tuesday, October 19
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Promoting Diversity in Dietetic Education Programs by Creating an Inclusive Environment
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Plant-Based Eating Disorder Treatment from Residential to Outpatient Care
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Show Your Plate: Cultural Adaptations to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Closing Session: The Irresistible Power of Strategic Storytelling featuring Kindra Hall, president and chief storytelling officer at consulting firm Steller Collective.
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ is the news media's best annual opportunity to hear directly from leading sources on the latest in nutrition science research and its everyday applications; developments in policy and legislation; education trends; and the hottest and newest products to hit the marketplace.
Eligible journalists are welcome and encouraged to cover the Academy's Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ virtual event. For media credentials, visit eatrightfnce.org/media/press-room-guidelines. For more information, call 800/877-1600, ext. 4769, or email email@example.com.
Representing more than 112,000 credentialed nutrition and dietetics practitioners, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy at www.eatright.org.