The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Outstanding Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered (NDTR) Award recognizes a nutrition and dietetics technician, registered who has demonstrated innovation, creativity, and leadership as an NDTR. The award honors an Academy member who has exhibited exceptional performance as an NDTR, promoted the visibility of the NDTR, and held inspiring leadership roles in nutrition-related organizations.
- A member of the Academy.
- A nutrition and dietetics technician, registered (NDTR).
- Has demonstrated outstanding innovation, creativity and leadership as NDTRs.
- Has exhibited exceptional performance as an NDTR.
- Has held inspiring leadership roles in nutrition-related organizations
- Exceptional performance in practice. (60 points total)
- Functions at a superior level in NDTR practice and performance consistently and substantially exceeds in quality. (12 points)
- Has developed increased efficiency, productivity and/or effectiveness (individually or collaboratively) in job-related or volunteer-based endeavor. (12 points)
- Has offered practical results and outcomes and pioneered new techniques and/or methods. (12 points)
- Teaches, educates and motivates students, professionals and/or the public and has been a mentor to NDTRs and/or nutrition and dietetics practitioners. (12 points)
- Demonstrates leadership ability and skill to successfully manage projects, staff and/or programs. (12 points)
- Contributions to the achievement of practice. (30 points total)
- Presentations given at an advanced level, materials/information are presented in an innovative and creative method (consideration should be given to the audience and/or whether the nominee is the featured speaker and/or invited presenter). (15 points)
- Media topics are offered in a user-friendly manner and promote nutrition in a positive way, and have successfully reached a targeted audience. (15 points)
- Leadership achievements in nutrition-related organizations. (10 points total)
- District (local), state and national Academy or affiliate offices held should demonstrate the nominee's dedication to the promotion of excellence in NDTR practice OR non-Academy elected or appointed offices held should show the nominee’s advancement of nutrition and dietetics practitioners and promotion of nutrition, dietetics and foodservice. (5 points)
- Honors and awards for professional achievements listed support the nominee’s high level of professionalism and contribution to their area of practice. (5 points)