ACEND® is seeking educators from each of the accredited program types (DTR, DPD, DI and CP) and practitioners who represent major areas of dietetics practice to become reviewers of ACEND® accredited education programs. This volunteer position is an excellent way to gain leadership experience and skills.
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics membership preferred
- Master's or higher degree preferred
- Willing to provide professional leadership
- Employed in education or practice for more than three years
- Have a commitment to quality nutrition and dietetics education programs
- Represent major areas of nutrition and dietetics practice
- Represent different geographical areas of the United States
Note: ACEND® covers travel related costs to attend training workshop and site visits.
Benefits include continuing education credit for attending reviewer training; potential credit toward professional service requirements for promotion and tenure; learning about other dietetics education programs; eligibility to become an ACEND® board member; establishing new professional networks with educators and practitioners; gaining knowledge that can help prepare you for your own program or organization's accreditation review; and contributing to the advancement of the profession.
How to apply:
Thank you for your interest in the ACEND® Program Reviewer Position. You need to login as a member to access the Program Reviewer Application. The deadline to submit an application for the 2023-2024 Program Reviewer cohort is October 15, 2022.
The ACEND® Nominating Committee reviews all applications, interviews qualified applicants and may contact their references. The ACEND® Nominating Committee recommends to the ACEND® board candidates qualified for appointment who meet current reviewer pool needs. Applicants are notified of the ACEND® Board's decision within one month of the January ACEND® Board meeting.
Newly appointed program reviewers will receive information about attending mandatory program reviewer training. This training must be completed prior to beginning the first program review assignment.
Email questions to ACENDNominations@eatright.org