ACEND® New Program Director Webinar
This webinar is designed to provide new program directors of ACEND-accredited programs information about the principles of ACEND accreditation and program director responsibilities. The webinar also reviews the resources available for program directors. Note: This webinar does not offer any CPEs.
Program Directors and Clinical Skills Workshops
The Program Director workshops are designed to help dietetic education program directors learn the latest accreditation standards and specific details on how to prepare for self-study reports and site visits. Individuals interested in applying to start a new ACEND program, as well as newly appointed program directors, are welcome and encouraged to attend and may be eligible for a registration discount. If you meet the discount requirements as outlined in the ACEND fee schedule, contact ACEND for a discount code before you register.
Workshops Covering the 2022 and Future Education Model Accreditation Standards
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics will be offering a virtual Accreditation Workshop. The workshop is designed to help dietetic education program directors and others interested in ACEND accreditation learn the latest accreditation standards and specific details on how to prepare for self-study reports and site visits. This workshop will focus on preparing a self-study report based on the 2022 and FEM standards. During the workshop, interactive sessions cover plans for how to conduct a self-study process and how to work with ACEND staff and reviewers. Individuals with a site visit scheduled in 2023 or 2024, individuals interested in applying to start a new ACEND accredited program, as well as newly appointed program directors, are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Overview of ACEND accreditation
- Review of the 2022 and FEM Standards
- ACEND Accreditation Review Process
- Preparing Your Self-Study Report and On-site Evaluation
For information email ACEND or call (312) 899-0040 X 5400. The next in-person ACEND workshop will be prior to FNCE in Denver, Colo. in October 2023. Registration will open in the summer for the in-person workshop.
Clinical Skills Workshop
In Person: April 1, 2023
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics will be sponsoring a Clinical Skills Workshop addressing new KRDN 3.4 and CRDNs 3.3-3.6 in the 2022 ACEND Accreditation Standards in connection with the 2023 NDEP Spring Meeting in Omaha, Neb. The workshop is intended to provide hands-on instruction on blood pressure measurement; point of care testing (cholesterol and glucose fingerstick); feeding tube placement, flush and site care; and a swallowing screen in a simulation setting. Attendees will receive handouts and evaluation tools to assist in students’/interns' assessment of each of the skills.
- Discuss the supporting rationale for enhanced clinical skills.
- Develop skills related to clinical diagnostics and care.
- Demonstrate hands-on clinical skills in a simulation setting.
Saturday, April 1, 2023, 7:30 a.m. (registration); 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (workshop)
6.25 hours (Level 2)
Suggested Practice Competencies: 10.2.8; 10.2.13; 10.4.4
Dr. Edwin G. & Dorothy Balbach Davis Global Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
42nd and Emile St.
Omaha, NE 68198
- Cost: $150.00; The cost to attend the workshop is $550 per attendee. To help offset the registration fee, ACEND is providing $400.00 scholarships, which will lower the cost for attendees after scholarship to $150.00. Preference for scholarships will be given to current ACEND program directors.
- Beverages, snacks and a light meal (lunch) are included in the registration fee. Registration for the Spring NDEP meeting is not required to attend the skills workshop.
- Registration deadline is March 17, 2023. Registration will be limited to 30 participants.
- Cancellations submitted to ACEND in writing on or before March 17, 2023 will be refunded (minus a $50.00 processing fee). Registrations are non-refundable after March 17, 2023.
Travel and hotel expenses to Omaha, Neb. are the responsibility of the attendee.
For information, contact ACEND or call 800/877-1600 (ext. 5400).
Recorded Workshops Covering the ACEND® 2022 and Future Education Model Accreditation Standards
This recorded virtual workshop focuses on preparing a self-study report and hosting a site visit based on the ACEND® Accreditation Standards. During the recorded workshop, videos cover plans for how to conduct a self-study process, demonstrate compliance with the standards and how to work with ACEND® staff and reviewers. Recorded workshops are available for the 2022 Standards and the Future Education Model Standards.
The program is approved for 4.5 CPEUs.
Cost: $60.00 (Member) | $75.00 (Nonmember)
- Purchase the Recorded Workshop for the 2022 Accreditation Standards
- Purchase the Recorded Workshop for the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards
ACEND Competency Based Education and Assessment Training
Learn the basics of Competency-Based Education and Assessment used by nutrition and dietetics programs under the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards. This webinar is presented by ACEND® consultant and competency assessment expert Leanne Worsfold. Ideas presented may be applied to programs under the 2017/2022 Accreditation Standards.
Five CPEUs are awarded for completing this training.
Cost: $60.00 (Member and Nonmember)
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!