The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Excellence in Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) Promotion Award recognizes a member who has demonstrated excellence in innovation, creativity, and leadership in the promotion of IDEA. The recipient has exhibited exceptional performance in IDEA promotion as a change agent and thought leader, made significant contributions to the achievement of IDEA, and held inspiring leadership roles in nutrition and other health related organizations.
- A member of the Academy for a minimum of 5 years.
- Has demonstrated excellence in innovation, creativity and leadership in the promotion of IDEA.
- Has exhibited exceptional performance in IDEA promotion as a change agent and thought leader.
- Has made significant contributions to the achievement of IDEA.
- Has held inspiring leadership roles in nutrition and other health-related organizations.
- Exceptional performance in Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) (50 points total)
- Plays a leading role in the profession of food, nutrition and dietetics as a change agent, adapting food, nutrition and dietetics environments and/or enhancing awareness of the need to promote IDEA and cultural understanding (10 points)
- Serves as a thought leader and recognized advocate for IDEA and cultural understanding. (10 points)
- Sets strategic direction, advances strategies, implements actions and demonstrates outcomes to ensure that goals related to IDEA in the nutrition and dietetics profession are achieved (10 points)
- Teaches, educates and motivates students, professionals and/or the public on IDEA and/or has been a mentor to nutrition and dietetics practitioners of diverse backgrounds (10 points)
- Plays a leading role in advancing IDEA and cultural understanding efforts outside the work setting and outside the Academy, i.e. outside the national, affiliate, district and organizational unit arena. (10 points)
- Contributions to the achievement of IDEA. (30 points total)
- Publications and authored manuals, books and/or documents that assist the nutrition and dietetics practitioner, student or the public in IDEA (10 points)
- Presentations on IDEA given at an advanced level, materials/information are presented in an innovative and creative method (consideration should be given to the audience and/or whether the nominee is the featured speaker and/or invited presenter). (10 points)
- Media topics are offered in a user-friendly manner and promote IDEA in a positive way, and have successfully reached a targeted audience. (10 points)
- Leadership achievements in nutrition and other health-focused organizations. (20 points total)
- District (local), state and national Academy or affiliate offices held should demonstrate the nominee's dedication to the promotion of IDEA in practice OR non-Academy elected or appointed offices held should show the nominee's advancement of IDEA with nutrition and dietetics practitioners and promotion of IDEA in nutrition, dietetics and food service. (10 points)
- Honors and awards for professional achievements listed support the nominee's high level of professionalism and contribution to IDEA. (10 points)
Tamara S. Melton
Bruce D. Rengers
Stella G. Uzogara
Christina M. Rollins