Outstanding Dietitian of the Year Award
The Outstanding Dietitian of the Year award recognizes members who have made distinguished contributions to advancing the profession. The winner of this award is an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and service.
The list of Outstanding Dietitians of the Year award winners is published annually in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and each awardee will receive a congratulatory letter and certificate signed by the president of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Each affiliate may determine additional recognition. In addition to the criteria listed below, each affiliates may require additional criteria. Check with the local affiliate for a copy of the requirements and application.
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Active participation in the national, state, or district association
- Is a Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist or the equivalent in their own country if an international member.
- Not previously selected for this award in current or any other affiliate
- Demonstrated leadership, e.g., in legislation, research, education, management, etc., in the Association, community or employment
Please email questions about the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award.
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!