Emerging Dietetic Leader Award
The Emerging Dietetics Leader Award recognizes the competence and activities of members, regardless of their age, who are at the beginning of their dietetics careers. Members who receive this honor support the promotion of optimal health and nutritional status of the public through demonstrating leadership in legislation, research, education, management and other areas related to the profession.
Each affiliate is allowed to recognize one emerging dietetic leader. The list of Emerging Dietetic Leader award winners will be published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and each awardee will receive a congratulatory letter and certificate signed by the president of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Each affiliate may determine additional recognition.
In addition to the criteria listed below, each affiliates may require additional criteria. Check with the local affiliate for a copy of the requirements and application.
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Initial practice experience not less than 5 years and not greater than 10 years. Interrupted careers or time periods not in practice, are not to be considered or rationed into the 5-10 years of professional practice experience.
- Active participation in the national, state, or district association for at least 5 years.
- Is a Registered Dietitian, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Dietetic Technician, Registered or Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered
- Not previously selected as an RYDY or RDTY in your current or any other affiliate.
- Demonstrated concern for the promotion of optimal health and nutritional status of the population.
- Demonstrated leadership, e.g., in legislation, research, education, management, etc., in the Association, community or employment.
Please email questions about the Emerging Dietetic Leader Award.
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!