Leadership Institute Application
Thank you for your interest in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Leadership Institute! Each year, 75-100 individuals are selected to be part of the Leadership Institute program. The Leadership Institute is a comprehensive professional development program designed to help current and future leaders in nutrition and dietetics help develop leadership, communication and career advancement skills including executive presence, project management, decision-making, interpersonal communication, strategic planning and team building. Through a combination of self-directed study, in-person training, networking and individual projects, participants will gain hands-on experience to become more effective leaders.
This leadership program walks participants through a multi-faceted approach to leadership that fosters and deepens professional relationships while helping advance and elevate the role of the RDN and NDTR. Additional emphasis is placed on the intersection of developing as a leader and all facets impacting both personal and professional experiences. The program is intended for high-potential members who are looking to advance their leadership skills and accelerate their career growth.
Past participants report spending 1-2 hours per week throughout the Leadership Institute program.
There are two possible pathways to become part of the Leadership Institute program, both which require completing this full application. Only applicants for the Leadership Institute program should complete this form. You will be asked if you have been nominated for the program through your affiliate, DPG or MIG, or if you are self-nominating. The Leadership Institute program is a balanced blend of both pathways, so there is no preferred way to apply.
Before you begin, please review the following brief tips for success.
- Answer all questions in the application.
- Have a copy of your current resume or CV available in .doc, .docx, or .PDF format to upload when prompted.
- Use a computer or tablet to complete the application if possible to easily navigate through the form.
- Make sure your Academy membership is in good standing. Membership will be verified for the current year and for the 2023-24 year when we change on June 1, 2023.
- Share your strengths and successes when applying. If you are applying for LI at this point in your career, you have already achieved much to be proud of!
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!