The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Diversity and Inclusion Promotion Grant provides an up to $10,000 grant to support diversity recruitment and retention projects by dietetics education programs accredited/approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, Academy affiliates, dietetic practice groups and member interest groups.
The Diversity and Inclusion Promotion Grant is awarded on even years. The 2020 application will be made available in the fall of 2019. Applications are due by March 1, 2020. All applicants will be notified of the status of their applications by May 2020.
Academy Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Academy encourages diversity and inclusion by striving to recognize, respect and include differences in ability, age, creed, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, size, and socioeconomic characteristics in the nutrition and dietetics profession.
- Proposals should address recruitment and retention of an underrepresented group within the profession as outlined by the Academy's Diversity and Inclusion Statement.
- Applicant must represent a dietetics education program accredited/approved by the ACEND®, Academy affiliate, dietetic practice group or member interest group.
- Proposal must identify a project director who will be the Academy's contact during the grant timeline. The project director must be an RDN who is an Active member of the Academy. Members of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee and the Academy Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- A $10,000 grant will be awarded every other year on even years to an ACEND® accredited/approved dietetics educational program, Academy affiliate, dietetic practice group, member interest group or other recognized Academy group.
- The award may not be given multiple times to one group for the same program.
- The proposals will be treated as confidential, privileged communication.
- The project director must submit a progress report 6 months after the grant begins (due by March 31, 2021) and a final report (due by May 31, 2022).
- The project director must agree to share results with dietetics educators, affiliates, dietetic practice groups and member interest groups as appropriate.
Application Consists of the Following
- Contact Information - Applicants are asked to submit their contact information as well as their employer's or organization's contact information.
- Project Abstract – (500 word limit) A succinct, yet comprehensive description of project goals and objectives, plan of work, intended outcomes, and measures of success.
- Project Plan – (2,500 word limit) The Project Plan should include the objectives, demographics of area and underrepresented group(s) targeted, rationale, methods, expected outcome, and short-and long-range evaluation plans.
- Budget Detail and Funding Sources – Include a detailed budget that includes how the award money will be used, explanation of any additional funding and plan for continued funding.
- Organization Profile – Explanation of organization where program will be put into place.
- Applicant Profile – Biographical sketch of project director including applicable knowledge/expertise.
- Letter of Support – Letter of Support from applicant's organizational leader.
Applications will be scored on a 100 point scale, which will be assessed using the application documents. Please reference the Score Sheet.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.