ACEND Board Dietetic Student Representatives
ACEND® is seeking student members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with strong leadership skills to apply to be nominated for the Dietetics Student Representative position on the ACEND board. This volunteer position is an excellent way to gain leadership experience and skills in accreditation, education, communication, collaboration and more. The dietetics student member is elected by the ACEND board and serves a two-year term, the first year as student rep-elect and the second year as the dietetics student voting member.
- Dietetics student is a student enrolled in an ACEND-accredited program during the first year of the appointed term (2024-2025)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics membership preferred. Not a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics? Visit the student membership page.
Second Career students taking DPD courses to obtain a verification statement from a DPD program during the first year of the two year Student Representative term, qualify to apply to this position.
Responsibilities, Workload and Training
The ACEND Student Representative will:
- Travel to and participate in two Board meetings a year (6 days annually)
- Participate in teams to review accreditation reports for all program types in preparation for the Board meeting. (about 20-30 annually)
- Participate in monthly Board teleconference call meetings (approximately 6-8 times per year – 1 1/2 hours per call)
- Receive voting privileges in the term's second term year
- Attend Program Reviewer workshop as part of accreditation training (one time per appointment)
- Serve as a member on one of the ACEND board's Standing Committees
- Represent ACEND as an ex-officio member on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member and Student Advisory Committee in the first year of service.
- Participate on an accreditation site visit (3 days)
Learn more information on the role of the ACEND Student Representative.
How to Apply
Complete the 2025-2026 ACEND Student Representative Application by November 1, 2024.
The ACEND Nominating Committee reviews all Student Representative applications, interviews qualified applicants and may contact their references. The applicants are notified of the Board's decision one month after the January ACEND Board meeting.
Questions: Contact the ACEND Nominating Committee
Find an ACEND-Accredited Program
ACEND has more than 600 accredited programs across the United States and select countries internationally, with in-person and online options. Use the search filters to find the program that fits your needs.