Application Process for Students
This page covers the application process for programs leading to the RDN credential.
Application and admission processes vary depending on the program type.
For application information to dietetic technician programs and didactic programs in dietetics, visit the program's website for more information and requirements.
Coordinated programs, future education model graduate programs and dietetic internships may use Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application Service (DICAS) to collect applications.
Applicants to dietetic internships must also participate in the computer match process through D&D Digital as part of their application process whereas Coordinated Programs and Future Education Model Graduate Programs do not participate in computer matching.
Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application Services
DICAS is a web-based application service used by applicants to apply to multiple programs by completing a single online application. DICAS simplifies and streamlines the application process for applicants looking to apply to dietetics supervised practice programs.
- Visit the DICAS Platform to search for dietetics programs (DI, CP, GP and ISPPs) of interest.
- If the program you are interested in does not appear in the DICAS, check the program's website for directions on how to apply or contact the program director.
- If you are applying to a Dietetic Internship (DI), you must also register in D&D to rank supervised practice program in which you are applying. Register for the DI match through D&D Digital. This step allows you to create, edit and verify the priorities for your choices of internships. Some program types (CPs, GPs and ISPPs) do not participate in the match.
Videos and Resources
D&D Digital is a web-based service that matches DPD students (applicants) to dietetic internships each spring and fall based on both the applicants and programs ranked order of preference. Those rank order lists are "matched" with each other to select which (if any) program an applicant would be "matched" with.
Information and Videos
- D&D Digital Instructional Video for Applicants
- D&D Matching Algorithm
- Applicant Process
- Internship Match FAQ
- If you need assistance with the centralized application, please contact DICAS customer support at 617/612-2855.
- If you need assistance with computer matching, please contact D&D Digital customer support at 515/292-0490.
- If you have any general questions about applying to dietetics programs, contact ACEND.
The Find-a-Preceptor Database allows program directors and students to search for a preceptor within a certain geographical or specialty area.
Find an ACEND-Accredited Program
ACEND has more than 600 accredited programs across the United States and select countries internationally, with in-person and online options. Use the search filters to find the program that fits your needs.