Application Process for Program Directors
This page covers application to supervised practice programs and experiential learning programs. Coordinated Programs, Future Education Model Graduate Programs and Dietetic Internships may use Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application Service or DICAS to collect applications. Learn more about specific application and computer match topics, preselect, ISPPs and more below.
Applicants to dietetic internships must also participate in the computer match process through D&D Digital as part of their application process whereas coordinated programs and future education model graduate programs do not participate in computer matching.
Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application Services
The Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application Services is a web-based application service used by students to apply to multiple programs by completing a single online application. DICAS simplifies and streamlines the application process as only one application needs to be completed.
The new DICAS 3.0 launched on October 4, 2022. The DICAS 3.0 application can be used as a centralized application service for any dietetics supervised practice program (DI, CP, GP, ISPP) to collect applications from interested students/applicants. Program directors can find training, webinar recordings and additional information about using the new platform on the DICAS training page.
D&D Digital is a web-based service that matches DPD students (applicants) to dietetic internships each spring and fall based on both the applicants and programs ranked order of preference. Those rank order lists are "matched" with each other to select which (if any) program an applicant would be "matched" with.
- D&D Digital Instructional Video for Didactic Program in Dietetic Directors
- D&D Digital Instructional Video for Dietetic Internship Directors
Timelines and Calendars
- CP, GP, ISPP Application Deadline Recommendations
- November 2023 Computer Matching Calendar
- April 2024 Computer Match Calendar
- DPD Course List Form
- DPD Course List Form Guidance
- Interim and Second Round Match Recommendations
- DI Director Responsibilities
- DI Participation in Preselect Option
- DPD Director Responsibilities
- If you need assistance with DICAS WebAdMIT (program side), please contact DICAS customer support or at 857-304-2020
- If you have questions about using DICAS (applicant side), please contact DICAS customer support or at 617/612-2855
- If you need assistance with computer matching, please contact D&D Digital customer support or at 515/292-0490
- If you have any general questions about the application process into dietetics programs, contact ACEND
Open House Listings
These listings are being made available through Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors and provide information regarding open houses being hosted by ACEND-accredited dietetic internships, coordinated programs and nutrition and dietetics graduate programs.
If you have questions about your program's listing or would like to be added to the listing, contact NDEP.
Find an ACEND-Accredited Program
ACEND has more than 600 accredited programs across the United States and select countries internationally, with in-person and online options. Use the search filters to find the program that fits your needs.