Healthful Eating Messaging
For trusted, accurate, timely and practical nutrition information, seek the advice of a registered dietitian (or registered dietitian nutritionist). Through their education, knowledge and experience, RDs (or RDNs) specialize in translating nutrition science into practical advice.
- Among many valuable health services, a registered dietitian (or registered dietitian nutritionist) can help you overcome eating disorders; set realistic weight loss and weight management goals for yourself and your family; and achieve your optimal athletic performance.
- Visit www.eatright.org to locate a registered dietitian (or registered dietitian nutritionist) near you.
- There is no "magic bullet" for safe and healthful weight management. Successful weight management is a lifelong process. It means adopting a lifestyle that includes a healthful eating plan, coupled with regular physical activity.
- People are not all alike and one size does not fit all when it comes to planning and achieving a healthful diet. What may be the best approach for one person may not be the answer for another.
- The base of most healthy people's eating plans should be fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat protein and dairy.
- There is no better time than the early years to make an impact on the lifelong eating and exercise habits that contribute to health maintenance and disease prevention. Parental involvement is a key component of children's nutrition.
- Parents can teach their children about healthy foods, practice what they teach and make sure physical activity is incorporated into each day.