Award No Longer Bestowed
Since 1983, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Presidents' Circle Nutrition Education Award has recognized the development and dissemination of scientifically sound nutrition information that is unique in concept, creative in presentation, free from specific commercial message or endorsement, and consistent with the mission, vision, values, positions, and policies of the Academy and its Foundation. The award may be given to a company, association, or government agency, national or international in scope, or an individual who has made a major contribution to the nutrition education of the public on a national or international basis.
- Uniqueness of concept(s).
- Creativeness of presentation(s).
- Impact on public(s) or target audience(s).
- Scientific merit or accuracy.
- Consistency with Academy and Foundation mission, vision, values, positions and policies.
- Accessibility of materials to the public(s) or target audience(s).
- Letter of nomination that includes the rationale for selection of candidate for the award.
- Sample materials connected with the program/project must be included.
- Names of specific target audience(s) must be identified.
- The nutrition materials should be developed for and usable by lay persons and should reach the public directly; in contrast to materials developed for or directed toward professionals.
- The description of the distribution and impact of the material should accompany the nominations.
- Any member of the Academy may place nominations for the award. Only those nominations that meet the purpose of the criteria will be considered. A sample of all materials to be considered must be included with the nomination.
- The award will be offered only when judged appropriate, not necessarily yearly.
- Uniqueness of concept(s). (20 points)
- Creativeness of presentation(s). (20 points)
- Impact on public(s) or target audience(s). (20 points)
- Scientific merit or accuracy. (15 points)
- Consistency with Academy and its Foundation mission, vision, values, positions and policies. (10 points)
- Accessibility of materials to the public(s) or target audience(s). (15 points)