DI Program Directors are responsible for providing potential applicants with detailed instructions and all necessary application information.
The instructions should include, but need not be limited to the following:
- A copy of the Applicant Responsibilities for the Application, Computer Matching and Appointment Procedures.
- Directions for completing applications with link to DICAS online application.
- Instructions for submitting supplemental application materials and application fee, if required.
- If not using DICAS, provide application and date that applications must be postmarked.
- Selection criteria.
- Policy on return of application materials.
- Request for phone number and email address where applicants can be reached, if necessary, on Appointment Day.
- Directions for obtaining computer matching instructions from D&D Digital. Applicants must submit the computer matching fee and prioritized list of selected dietetic internships online on the D&D Digital Web site by the designated deadline dates.
- Instructions and contact information (phone, email, fax) for contacting the DI Program Director on Appointment Day to confirm acceptance of a match.
Computer Matching Phase
DI Directors review applications, but do not communicate information about ranking or selection status to applicants. All communications regarding results of the application and appointment process must come from D&D on the established notification dates in during the Spring and Fall match times.
DI Directors should:
- Submit a prioritized list of acceptable applicants to D&D Digital. This can be done online on the D&D Digital Web site or by the established deadline date (refer to Computer Matching Calendar for each match period).
- Consider providing permission to allow advertising of unmatched DI positions on the D&D Digital Web site.
- Telephone D&D Digital if computer matching results are not received via e-mail on Notification Day.
- DI Directors are responsible for receiving confirmation from matched applicants on Notification or Appointment Day. If matched applicants leave a message or send an email, please confirm receipt of the message with them.
- Dietetic Internships with openings may access the list of unmatched applicants the day following Appointment Day. All Dietetic Internship program directors with available openings will be given the option to review the list of unmatched applicants to see if any qualified applicants they originally entered on the D&D Digital website are listed. The Dietetic Internship program director may contact and invite any of those applicants on their original list who did not match to attend their program (Refer to the computer matching calendar for specific appointment dates and times).
- Dietetic Internship program directors will have access to the "match/no match" list the day after Appointment Day.
- All appointments of the Dietetic Internship’s own unmatched applicants must be confirmed by applicants to Dietetic Internship program directors by the second day following Appointment Day.
- At that time, Dietetic Internship program directors who have filled their open spots need to contact D&D Digital at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dietetic Internship program directors will have access to the updated "match/no match" list on the third day following Appointment Day.
- Program Directors may not discuss open positions with potential applicants or DPD directors until the day programs with open positions are posted on the D&D Digital Web site.
- Dietetic Internship program directors are encouraged to accept second round selection applications through DICAS (refer to the computer matching calendar for recommended dates and times). Those programs participating in the second match must wait until the start of second round match before inviting applicants into their DI programs. Program directors can set a later date in order to review applications, but it should not be prior to this date. This allows applicants ample time to review programs and complete the application process during the second-round match process.
- In attempting to fill unmatched positions, the DI Director must ensure that positions are not being offered to applicants who have received a match to another program. Refer to the list of unmatched applicants received from D&D Digital and do not hesitate to question applicants about their availability. It creates much "ill will" if matched applicants decline their matched position to accept a position at another program with an opening.
- DI Directors must ensure that they receive an official transcript documenting completion of the bachelor’s degree and a DPD Verification Statement from each matched applicant before he/she begins the DI Program.