To help advance the Academy's mission of accelerating improvements in global health and well-being through food and nutrition, the Academy's corporate sponsorship program allows for purposeful collaboration with food and nutrition organizations. Through structured, Academy-directed relationships, the objectives of the Academy's corporate sponsorship program are:
- to work with industry to build awareness of the Academy and its members;
- to share science-based information, new research and industry trends in food and nutrition with Academy members that are useful in their professional work with the public;
- and to enable the Academy to reach a wider consumer audience with healthy eating messages
For the Academy, relationships with sponsors are not about promoting their products or services, but rather about creating nutrition messages that people can understand and act upon to improve their health and that of their families. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and its entities consider the Academy's vision (a world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition) in all decisions, including whether to enter into a relationship with an outside corporation and/or organization.
In addition to the Academy's corporate sponsorship program, the Academy offers multiple points of entry to sponsors/funders with a variety of sponsorships offered by the DPGs, MIGs and the Foundation.
Academy Guidelines for Corporate Sponsors
- The sponsor's vision and mission align with the Academy's Vision, Mission and Strategic Goals.
- The sponsor's product portfolio is broadly aligned with the Academy's Vision: A world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
- The sponsor relationship and sponsor product portfolio are broadly aligned with official Academy positions.
- All aspects of the sponsorship (such as research, consumer messaging or professional education of members) align with the Academy's Scientific Integrity Principles.
- The Academy does not endorse any company, brand or company products, nor does the Academy's name or logo appear on any product. Such endorsement is neither actual nor implied.
- The Academy maintains final editorial control and approval of all content in materials bearing the Academy name or logo.
- There is clear separation of Academy messages and content from brand information or promotion.
- Relevant facts and important information are included.
As a rule, the Academy does not permit the free use of Academy content in publications or websites where the effect of the Academy content and name is to help the publication or website increase circulation or sell advertising or subscriptions.