What is a Dietetic Practice Group (DPG)?
A DPG is a professional-interest group of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members who wish to connect with other members within their areas of interest and/or practice.
What Benefits Do DPGs Offer?
- Provide opportunities to increase knowledge in specific areas of dietetic practice through newsletters, other publications and continuing education.
- Offer CPE and professional development via webinars, virtual seminars, handouts, newsletters and publications.
- Host workshops and seminars for continuing professional and networking at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ and throughout the year.
- Spotlight members and the profession.
- Offer networking and engagement opportunities including discussion boards, electronic mailing lists and social media.
- Career support and mentorship.
- Provide awards, stipends, scholarships and grants.
- Develop legislative and public-policy materials for the Academy.
- Contribute technical expertise to the Academy.
- Support the Academy alliance and network program through collaborative projects with other associations.
- Establish activities that market the profession in general, as well as specific practice areas.
- Offer practice guidelines and quality-management materials to help practitioners provide a high level of care.
- Actively engage in the Academy's initiatives, projects, campaigns and other activities.
Who Can Join a DPG? Is There a Limit to How Many DPGs I Can Join?
Membership in a DPG is voluntary. Any Academy member may join as many DPGs as desired.
How Do I Join a DPG?
DPG dues are paid annually, along with Academy membership dues. Academy members may join a DPG almost any time during the year by paying appropriate dues. Special pricing will be available for Academy members who join between February 1 and April 30 with the opportunity to gain access for the remainder of the membership year and the following year.
Dues vary depending on the DPG. Learn more about our DPGs or call 800/877-1600, ext. 5000.
Are DPG Dues Prorated, Refundable, Transferable or Tax-deductible?
DPG dues are not prorated, refundable or transferable. Dues listed are for the June 1 to May 31 membership year. Special pricing will be available for Academy members who join between February 1 and April 30 with the opportunity to gain access for the remainder of the membership year and the following year.
Contributions to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions. However, DPG dues may be tax-deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses.