Israel-Gaza Crisis Resources
October 12, 2023
The pain and suffering brought about by the Israel-Gaza crisis affect us all, regardless of our backgrounds or beliefs, but it is particularly heartbreaking for those whose families and loved ones may be in harm’s way.
Our prayers are with the people of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank, where thousands of innocent civilians are injured, missing or dead, and our hearts ache for their families and loved ones here and around the world.
Organizations and charities calling for peace and accepting donations to help the victims of this crisis include:
- American Friends of Magen David Adom: Magen David Adom is the national emergency, medical, disaster, ambulance and blood bank service of the State of Israel under the Geneva Conventions, and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. (Charity Navigator Rating)
- Alliance for Middle East Peace: ALLMEP is a coalition of more than 170 non-governmental organizations for Palestinian and Israeli peacebuilding. (Charity Navigator Rating)
- Anera: A nonprofit with no political or religious affiliation, Anera mobilizes resources for immediate emergency relief and humanitarian aid in Gaza, the West Bank, and East Jerusalem. (Charity Navigator Rating)
- Doctors Without Borders: Medicins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent charity providing medical supplies to hospitals in Gaza. (Charity Navigator Rating)
- IsraAID: Founded in 2001 as a coalition of Israeli organizations working in disaster relief and international development, IsraAID is the largest humanitarian aid organization in Israel. (Charity Navigator Rating)
- Palestine Children's Relief Fund: PCRF is a humanitarian organization in Palestine delivering medical relief and humanitarian aid to conflict victims in Gaza. It is serving immediate medical attention and basic necessities to children affected by the newest round of airstrikes. (Charity Navigator Rating)
- Save the Children: The global charity has called on all parties to show restraint and keep children and families safe. It is providing assistance, notably for mental health impact, to children affected by the attacks. (Charity Navigator Rating)
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!