Pathway to Membership
The Academy offers five membership classifications. Find your pathway to Academy membership today!
Pathway to Academy Membership
- Active – This is the Academy’s largest membership category. Active members can enjoy all the benefits the Academy has to offer, including career, professional and continuing education resources. The Academy’s main, professional membership category encompasses:
- Individuals who have completed accredited dietetics education programs, and
- Individuals with advanced degrees in an approved area of concentration.
- Student – The Academy’s membership category for pre-professionals enrolled in (or stating their intent to enroll in) an approved dietetics education program. Student category members enjoy reduced dues while gaining access to the vast majority of benefits Active members enjoy, including career resources and scholarships.
- International – Individuals who have completed, or are completing, formal training in food, nutrition or dietetics received outside the United States may also qualify for membership with the Academy. The Academy's International category extends membership worldwide, providing networking for food and nutrition professionals and students in any area of practice, wherever they live.
- Retired – Individuals who have retired from dietetics practice and are at least 62 years of age qualify for reduced dues so they may maintain their Academy membership to remain connected to their profession and colleagues. Retired category members enjoy all the privileges and benefits of the Active membership category while also qualifying for discounts on a variety of Academy products and services.
- Associate – Practitioners in a wide variety of fields related to health care, food, culinary, school nutrition, sports and fitness may now join the Academy as an Associate. Associates have access to extensive benefits, including the Evidence Analysis Library, professional publications, networking opportunities and preferred pricing on resources and conferences.
Information about the Academy's five membership classifications can also be viewed by downloading the Membership Pathways brochure.
The Academy's membership year runs from June 1 to May 31, regardless of when members join.