05/19/2022 - Leading up to the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health taking place in September 2022, the dates of virtual, regional listening sessions have been shared. Open to the public, these listening sessions will provide the White House with Americans' insight and experiences on hunger and diet-related diseases in communities across the country.
Members are encouraged to share feedback to be included in the Academy's communication to the administration.
The Academy will continue to provide recommendations based on strategic impact areas and advocate for the roles of registered dietitian nutritionists and nutrition and dietetics technicians, registered in nutrition care and services, for the conference's development. Academy members are encouraged to participate in these listening sessions based on their region:
- South: June 1, 2022, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Eastern Time) /10 a.m.-noon (Central Time) / 9 a.m.-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) Register.*
- Midwest & Mountains: June 3, 2022, 1 a.m.-3 p.m. Eastern Time / Noon-2 p.m. (Central Time) / 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Mountain Time) Register.*
- Northeast, MidAtlantic, Puerto Rico, & U.S. Virgin Islands: June 7, 2022, 10 a.m.-noon (Eastern Time) Register.*
- West Coast & Pacific: June 9, 2022, 3 p.m. -5 p.m. (Pacific Time). Register.*
- Spanish-only (all regions): June 13, 2022, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Eastern Time) Register.
*Language interpreters offered in Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean.
Read more about the Academy's advocacy efforts for the convening of a White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health.
Academy members: get involved and connect with fellow Academy members to advocate for top policy priorities, including the White House Conference, impacting our profession by attending the monthly affinity group meetings. These meetings are held virtually and are a forum-based event where staff, policy leaders and members discuss Academy advocacy priorities and strategies, share their experience and determine how they can become involved in advocating. These meetings are available to Academy members only. Learn more and join any or all affinity group meetings on the following focus areas: MNT expansion; nutrition security; health equity; maternal and child health; dietary guidelines; and licensure initiatives.