The Academy remains committed to improving the nation’s health and advocating for policies that support the five pillars in the National Strategy, with Academy members playing a key role.Read the Full Story
National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition and Health
The Academy was involved at every stage of the development process for the historic White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, which was held in Washington, D.C. in September 2022.
In advance of the event, the White House released its National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition and Health, which included several recommendations submitted by the Academy. This report is an important step in addressing health equity and achieving the Academy’s mission of accelerating improvements in global health and well-being through food and nutrition.
The Academy remains committed to improving the nation’s health and advocating for policies that support the five pillars in the National Strategy, with Academy members playing a key role in increasing access to healthful foods, shaping the public’s food choices, improving people’s nutritional status, and preventing and treating chronic diseases.
- The White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health: One Year Later (September 2023)
- Academy Commitments to Support White House Conference Goal (September 2022)
- National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition and Health Sets Stage for Major Policy Changes (September 2022)
- Academy Recommendations Included in White House Conference Report (September 2022)
- Academy Prepares for White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health (September 2022)
- Date Set for White House Conference (August 2022)
- Academy Highlights Key Policy Priorities in Recommendations for White House Conference (July 2022)
White House Conference News Updates
Recommendations incorporated in the policy include free, healthful school meals, a strengthened national commitment to nutrition research, and diversifying the nutrition workforce.Read the Full Story
The Academy urged the White House to "acknowledge the fundamental importance of nutrition by committing to actively pursue, implement and fund policies and programs addressing all social determinants of health."Read the Full Story
Leading up to the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, regional listening sessions will provide the White House with Americans' insight and experiences on hunger and diet-related diseases in communities across the country.Read the Full Story
Join the Academy
Members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics receive exciting benefits including complimentary continuing professional education opportunities, discounts on events and products in eatrightSTORE.org, invitations to exclusive members-only events and more!