Career Changer

If you are interested in a nutrition career you can become a RDN or a NDTR, even if you have a degree in a different area of study. If you already have a degree from a U.S. regionally-accredited college or university, you will need to have your college transcripts evaluated by a director of a dietetics program accredited by ACEND.

More on this Topic

  • Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Fact Sheet

    RDNs are food and nutrition experts who have met the prescribed criteria to earn this professional credential. Find out about educational and professional requirements, as well as career opportunities.

  • Men in Dietetics

    Learn how four male registered dietitian nutritionists are helping improve lives and advance the dietetics profession

  • Career Changer FAQs

    Are you looking to switch into a nutrition career from your current job? If so, here is a list of frequently asked questions for people looking to change careers, including information on what RDNs and NDTRs do, educational requirements and a variety of programs offered.