The Expiring Position Checklist is designed to give direction to the nature and extent of revisions/modifications needed for any given position. Consider these points when reviewing an existing Academy position.
Sample questions for expiring positions:
- Are there reference(s) from any peer-reviewed journals that do not support this position statement?
- Does the position continue to accurately reflect current scientific documentation on the issues?
- Does the position overlap in any way with other Academy positions?
- Does the position support the Academy Strategic Plan?
- Does this position still meet the Academy's Position Paper criteria?