An ethics opinion reflects the interpretation or application of the Code of Ethics for the Profession of Dietetics by the Ethics Committee in response to a specific ethics issue or situation facing dietetics professionals in practice. These opinions will be available to members and credentialed practitioners to serve as an educational guide for their conduct.
The Committee may issue opinions on ethics issues under the Code on its own initiative or in response to a member's or credentialed practitioner's request. These opinions will be available to members and credentialed practitioners to guide their conduct and to the public. Situations may be factual or hypothetical, but no names will be disclosed.
- RDNs and NDTRs Are Ethically Obligated to Maintain Personal Competence in Practice
May 2015 Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Impact of Social Media on Business and Ethical Practices in Dietetics
November 2013 Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Eliminating Dietetics-Related Inequalities
February 2011 Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
- The RD and DTR Are Obligated to Follow Ethical Standards When Writing for the Popular Press
December 2007 Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
- Conflicts of Interest in Presentations and Publications and Dietetics Research
January 2006 Journal of the American Dietetic Association.