07/13/2020 - Health disparities exist when there are differences in health outcomes by factors such as race, ethnicity, gender, geography or socioeconomic status. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to host a conversation on the important role of nutrition in promoting health equity and reducing health disparities at the second annual Nutrition and Health Equity Summit with Rep. Robin L. Kelly (Ill.) and the Congressional Black Caucus Health Braintrust.
- Registration for this event has reached capacity. A recorded version of the Nutrition and Health Equity Summit will be available here shortly after the event takes place.
This event will be held on Tuesday, August 25 from 1 – 3 p.m. (Central Time) and will address the following topics:
- Health Disparities and COVID-19: America's Report Card
- Structural Racism and Systematic Inequities: Implications for Diet and Health
- Nutrition, Disparities and Chronic Disease: Finding Solutions After the Pandemic.
Reps. Robin L. Kelly (Ill.); Alma Adams (N.C.); and Danny K. Davis (Ill.) will provide remarks during the Nutrition and Health Equity Summit.
Invited speakers include:
- Jerome T. Adams, MD, United States Surgeon General
- Sharon Cox, MA, RDN, LDN, FAND, board member, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Linda T. Farr, RDN, CSOWM, LD, FAND, president, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Angela Odoms-Young, PhD, associate professor, Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Denine Rogers, MS, RDN, LD, FAND, chair, National Organization of Blacks in Dietetics and Nutrition Member Interest Group, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Nutrition and Health Equity Summit is open to all. Please share this opportunity with your communities by using the event flyer provided below.