10/06/2021 - The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation is seeking student members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to apply for the Student Member position on the Foundation's Board of Directors.
The nutrition and dietetics student member is elected by the Foundation Board and serves a two-year term. This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity to gain leadership experience and skills in donor relations, fundraising, awarding grants and financial oversight.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit all submission requirements within the Foundation’s online application platform by 5 p.m. Central time on Monday, November 15, 2021, to be considered for this opportunity. All application materials must be submitted via the online application. No emailed or hard copy applications or materials will be considered. Questions should be addressed to Foundation Staff at email@example.com with the subject line 'Student Board Member Application'.
Our 2020 – 2022 Student Board Member Samantha Rongstad Shares Her Perspective and Why You Should Apply!
"It has been my honor to serve as the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation student board member over the last two years. I have learned so much about how our Foundation serves Academy members and our profession and I have been able to contribute my unique perspective as a student to the success of our Foundation. I strongly encourage any student member to apply for this position, the knowledge and experience I have gained, as well as the relationships I have built have been invaluable."
Samantha's favorite parts of service included:
- Collaborating with the Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics on student projects
- Reviewing applications for funding approval for the Foundation
- Reaching out to donors to thank them for their gift
- Involvement with the Academy and the Foundation provided opportunities to network and learn more about how the Foundation gives back to those in the profession
- Opportunities to promote the Foundation to fellow students and peers
- Learning more about fundraising