Optimizing higher education for current and future professionals in nutrition and dietetics.
Advocate for and empower educators to lead the profession of nutrition and dietetics.
- Education focus – Meet the needs and exceed expectations of stakeholders
- Integrity – Act ethically with accountability for life-long learning and commitment to excellence
- Innovation – Embrace change with creativity and strategic thinking
- Social Responsibility – Make educational decisions with consideration for inclusivity as well as environmental, economic, social and policy implications
- Chair: Patricia M. Knisley
- Chair-Elect: Claudia Scott
- Past Chair: Robyn Osborn
- HOD Delegate: Kendra Kattelmann
- Preceptor Director: Debbie Memmer
- Graduate Student Representative: Emily Riddle
- Communications Director: Mary Jon Ludy
- Newsletter Editor: Colleen McGrief
- Board of Directors Liaison: Kevin Sauer
- ACEND Liaison: Sharon Schwartz
- CDR Liaison: Rebecca Brody
- CFP Liaison: Robyn Osborn
- Public Member: TBD
- Regional Directors:
- West Coast Regional Director - Susan Edgar Helm
- West Central Regional Director - Peggy Turner
- North Central Regional Director - Leann Schaeffer
- South Central Regional Director - Kim Matwiejow
- North East Regional Director - Michelle Sagristano
- South East Regional Director - Malinda Cecil
Over 1,300 members
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
- NDEP-Line is the quarterly publication with advertising available. Case studies and book reviews are regular features.
- NDEP-reviewed articles are in the Practice Applications section of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Applicant Guide to Supervised Practice Experience (annual publication). This is a resource to assist students and faculty in selecting supervised practice sites and is sold through the Academy Shop and available in the fall.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
The Outstanding Preceptor Award program is to recognize the teaching, mentoring, and leadership activities of preceptors in ACEND-accredited dietetics education programs. Six awardees (one from each geographic region) will receive registration and support (up to $1,000) to attend FNCE® supported by the Academy’s Foundation. For more information, contact NDEP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award program is to recognize the teaching, mentoring, and leadership activities of faculty in ACEND-accredited dietetics education programs. One educator can be selected from each of the four program types in each geographic region (a maximum of four awardees from each of the six geographic regions for a total of 24). For more information, contact the regional director in your region or email@example.com.
Networking, Business Meetings, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions
- Member reception at the Academy's Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®)
- Annual regional meetings held in the spring
- NDEP's Portal is a communication and networking tool for the members of the Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP) Group. The portal includes a message board, an electronic mailing list (EML), a resource library and calendars for all NDEP events. NDEP members are automatically enrolled in the NDEP Portal. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning June 1, 2017, NDEP has updated from seven areas to six regions.
- West Coast: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Hawaii, International
- West Central: Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana
- North Central: Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee
- South Central: Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia
- North East: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts
- South East: Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Puerto Rico
The Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors plan three yearly educational spring meetings within the Western, Central and Eastern regions. For more information, contact the regional director in your specific region.