Optimizing higher education for current and future professionals in nutrition and dietetics.
Advocate for and empower educators and preceptors to lead the profession of nutrition and dietetics.
- Chair: Claudia Scott
- Chair-Elect: Kendra Kattelmann
- Past Chair: Patricia M. Knisley
- HOD Delegate: Laurie Kruich
- Preceptor Director: Debbie Memmer
- Graduate Student Representative: Lily Darbishire
- Communications Director: Mary Jon Ludy
- Newsletter Editor: Colleen McGrief
- Board of Directors Liaison: Kevin Sauer
- ACEND Liaison: Wanda Eastman
- CDR Liaison: Nancy DiMarco
- CFP Liaison: Patricia Knisley
- Public Member: Laurel Call
- Regional Directors:
- West Coast Regional Director - Susan Edgar Helm
- West Central Regional Director - Lona Sandon
- North Central Regional Director - Leann Schaeffer
- South Central Regional Director - Linda Godfrey
- North East Regional Director - Michelle Sagristano
- South East Regional Director - Phyllis Fatzinger McShane
Over 1,300 members
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
- NDEP-Line is the quarterly publication with advertising available. Case studies and book reviews are regular features.
- NDEP-reviewed articles are in the Practice Applications section of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Applicant Guide to Supervised Practice Experience (annual publication). This is a resource to assist students and faculty in selecting supervised practice sites and is sold through the Academy Shop and available in the fall.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
The Outstanding Preceptor Award program is to recognize the teaching, mentoring, and leadership activities of preceptors in ACEND-accredited dietetics education programs. Six awardees (one from each geographic region) will receive registration and support (up to $1,000) to attend FNCE® supported by the Academy’s Foundation. For more information, contact NDEP at email@example.com.
The Outstanding Dietetics Educator Award program is to recognize the teaching, mentoring, and leadership activities of faculty in ACEND-accredited dietetics education programs. One educator can be selected from each of the four program types in each geographic region (a maximum of four awardees from each of the six geographic regions for a total of 24). For more information, contact the regional director in your region or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Networking, Business Meetings, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions
- Member reception at the Academy's Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®)
- Annual regional meetings held in the spring
- NDEP's Portal is a communication and networking tool for the members of the Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP) Group. The portal includes a message board, an electronic mailing list (EML), a resource library and calendars for all NDEP events. NDEP members are automatically enrolled in the NDEP Portal. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Beginning June 1, 2017, NDEP has updated from seven areas to six regions.
- West Coast: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Hawaii, International
- West Central: Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana
- North Central: Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee
- South Central: Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia
- North East: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts
- South East: Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Puerto Rico
The Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors plan three yearly educational spring meetings within the Western, Central and Eastern regions. For more information, contact the regional director in your specific region.