Latinos and Hispanics in Dietetics and Nutrition fosters the development and improvement of food, nutrition and health care for Latinos and their families in U.S. and related territories with outreach to Hispanic/Latino and all other Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members.
- Chair: Sara Perrone, MS, RDN, LD
- Chair-Elect: Janine Ricketts-Byrne, MA, RDN, LDN
- Past Chair: Margaret Cook-Newell, PhD, RDN, LD, CDE, CN
- Secretary: Magaly Hernandez, MPH, RDN, LD
- Treasurer: Ximena Jimenez, MS, RDN, LDN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Virginia "Vicky" Tijerina Walls, MS, NC
- Nominating Committee Chair-Elect: Aida Miles, MMSc, RDN, LD, LMNT, FAND
- Mentoring Coordinator: Julie Plasencia, PhD, RDN
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
- Adelante (2x annually)
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- LAHIDAN Student FNCE® Scholarship
- Distinguished Trinko Service Award
You must be an Academy member to join LAHIDAN. Annual dues are $25 for members and $15 for students; dues cannot be refunded or transferred. Join LAHIDAN by phone (800/877-1600, ext. 5000) or online by selecting "LAHIDAN (MIG #01)" on the registration form.