Latinos and Hispanics in Dietetics and Nutrition fosters the development and improvement of food, nutrition and health care for Latinos and their families in U.S. and related territories with outreach to Hispanic/Latino and all other Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members.
- Chair: Margaret Cook-Newell, PhD, RDN, LD, CDE, CN
- Chair-Elect: Sara Carrion Perrone, MS, RD, LD
- Past Chair: Diana Romano, MS, RD, LD
- Secretary: Magaly Hernandez, MPH, RD
- Treasurer: Nathan Myers, MS, RD, CDN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Crystal Rivero Young, RDN
- Mentoring Coordinator: Julie Plasencia, MS, RD
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
- Adelante (2x annually)
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- LAHIDAN Student FNCE® Scholarship
- Distinguished Trinko Service Award
You must be an Academy member to join LAHIDAN. Annual dues are $25 for members and $15 for students; dues cannot be refunded or transferred. Join LAHIDAN by phone (800/877-1600, ext. 5000) or online by selecting "LAHIDAN (MIG #01)" on the registration form.