IND MIG (Formerly known as AIND) brings together practitioners of Indian origin or those interested in learning more about this culture. IND empowers members from diverse locations, areas of practice and educational backgrounds to be leaders in cultural evidence-based practices in nutrition and dietetics. This community fosters networking, mentoring and support for the professional issues unique to this cultural community.
- A voice that advocates for cultural topics, serving as a resource to the Academy Diversity Committee and internal teams.
- Opportunity to continue to connect with Indian peers as a sub-community on niche topics.
- An IND website to help foster community and connect you with resources. (coming soon)
- A connected, collaborative community with opportunities for FNCE® networking events, year-round communication and a member directory which allows you to identify members.
- Access to education and professional development through CPEU webinar trainings, educational toolkits and scholarships for lifelong learning on topics such as clinical diets, cultural foods, holistic, integrated and functional medicine/nutrition, outreach, impact on nutrition of cultural and ethnic food choices, traditional medicine and more.
- Opportunities for leadership development within the IND Executive Committee.
- Social media engagement to foster connections with peers and hear latest announcements.
If you have questions about the benefits of IND or are interested in getting involved, direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be an Academy member to join AAPI. Annual dues are $10 for Academy members for the June 1 to May 31 Academy year. A special student rate of $5 is available for Academy student members. Dues cannot be prorated, refunded or transferred. Contact the Academy's membership team at email@example.com or 800/877-1600, ext. 5000. You can also join through your MyAcademy profile.