The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recently approved a new Member Interest Group, Global MIG. The MIG will begin accepting members in February 2019.
The Global Member Interest Group will be a community of members focused on improving the nutritional status in regions with high burdens of malnutrition or with nutritional crises due to conflict or natural disasters, through the sharing of information, resources, and ideas among Academy members, students, governmental and non-profit aid organizations, and health workers within these countries.
GMIG will raise the profile of international malnutrition within the Academy while developing the capacity of Academy members with shared ideas, resource tools, research, experiences and strategies on the prevention and management of malnutrition in vulnerable people in developing regions whose nutritional status is still highly intertwined with issues of poverty, sanitation, unclean water, agriculture, literacy, and cultural norms and whose financial and professional resources are limited.
- A connected community for sharing resources and experiences including opportunities for mentorship, resource sharing, online discussions, case studies and webinars.
- Collaborative opportunities with external organizations, including NGO's, international health and development groups, and government agencies that align with GMIG.
- Development of competency through leadership, education and professional development opportunities including a resource hub, CPEU, evidence based case studies.
- Access to region/country specific resources to equip members with knowledge and training.
- Advocacy with the Academy's Foundation on research and global initiatives.
- Member directory allowing members to connect and learn from each other.
If you have questions about the benefits of GMIG or are interested in getting involved, direct your questions to email@example.com.
You must be an Academy member to join GMIG. Annual dues are $15 for Members and $10 for student members for the June 1 to May 31 Academy year starting June 1, 2019. Contact the Academy's membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800/877-1600, ext. 5000 to indicate your interest in signing up for the new MIG starting February of 2019 for the membership year beginning June 2019.