AAPI is a new MIG that brings together members from the Chinese (CADN) and Filipino (FADAN) communities. We have practitioners from diverse locations, areas of practice and educational backgrounds. AAPI empowers members to be the leaders in cultural evidence-based practices in nutrition and dietetics for people of Chinese and Filipino origin or those interested in learning more about these cultures. The community fosters networking, mentoring and support for the professional issues unique to these cultural communities.
- A voice that advocates for cultural topics, serving as a direct resource to the Academy Diversity Committee and internal teams.
- Opportunity to continue to connect with Chinese and Filipino peers as a sub-community on niche topics.
- An AAPI website to help foster community and connect you with resources.
- A connected, collaborative community with opportunities for FNCE® networking events, year-round communication and a member directory which allows you to identify members of the sub communities of CADN and FADAN.
- Access to education and professional development through CPEU webinar trainings, educational toolkits and scholarships for lifelong learning on topics such as clinical diets, cultural foods, impact on nutrition of cultural and ethnic food choices, traditional medicine, and more.
- Opportunities for leadership development within the AAPI Executive Committee, through leadership development programs and scholarships.
- Social media engagement to foster connections with peers and hear latest announcements.
If you have questions about the benefits of AAPI or are interested in getting involved, direct your questions to email@example.com.
You must be an Academy member to join AAPI. Annual dues are $10 for Academy members for the June 1 to May 31 Academy year. A special student rate of $5 is available for Academy student members. Dues cannot be prorated, refunded or transferred. Contact the Academy's membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800/877-1600, ext. 5000. You can also join through your MyAcademy profile.