Mission: Empowering members to be the food and nutrition leaders in weight management and lifestyle change.
Vision: Optimizing healthy weight through food and nutrition.
Officers and Executive Committee Members
- Chair: Connie Diekman, MED, RD, CSSD, LD, FADA, FAND
- Chair-Elect: Tracy Oliver, PhD, RD, LDN
- Past Chair: Eileen Ford, MS, RD
- Secretary: Molly Wangsgaard, MS, RDN, LD, NSCA-CPT
- Treasurer: Emily M. Stern Burchins, MS, RD, LDN
- Nominating Committee Director: Meghan Ariagno, RD, LDN
- Member Services Director: Melissa Page, MS, RD, LDN
- Professional Development Director: Catherine M. Champagne, PhD, RDN, LDN, FADA, FAND, FTOS
- Sponsorship Director: Julie Upton MS, RD
- Website Editor: Carol Bradley, PhD, MA, RDN, BCBA, LD, FAND
- House of Delegates Representative: Julie Schwartz, MS, RD, CSSD, LD
- Research Director: Hollie Raynor, PhD, RDN, LDN
- Coaching and Wellness Subunit Director: Lindsey Proctor, MS, RDN, LDN
- Bariatric Subunit Director: Mary Gray Hutchinson, MPH, RD, LDN
- Pediatric Weight Management Director: Katie Perry, RDN
- Professional and Consumer Resource Director: Emily Craft, RD, CSP, LD
- Policy and Public Advocacy Leader: Nina Crowley, PhD, RDN, LD
- Reimbursement Representative: Alexandra Cook, RD
- Network and Alliance Director: Cassie Story, RDN
Over 68 percent of Americans are overweight or obese. Obesity is a chronic disease, which can impact other disease states such as diabetes, coronary artery disease and cancer. Members of many areas of practice are impacted by this epidemic. For example, the area of community health is significantly impacted by obesity where it is defined as a major public health problem. This group focuses exclusively on the science and application of weight management and treatment for all ages. This group links the public, organizations, and industry to dietetic professionals with an expertise in weight management.
- Cutting edge, quarterly Weight Management Matters newsletter offering four CPEU articles per year.
- CPEU opportunities, including an annual symposium webinars.
- Online WM DPG CPEU Assessment Center for one-stop acquisition of WM-related CPEUs.
- Updated, informative, and resource-packed website.
- Bi-weekly WM e-Updates e-mails highlighting current events and weight management-related news along with social media communications with Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Bariatric Surgery, Coaching/Wellness and Pediatric Weight Management Subunits with Electronic Mailing Lists, updated research and more.
- Numerous awards and travel stipends for members to attend professional development meetings, such as PPW, FNCE®, Obesity Week, and the CDR Weight Management Certificate Program.
- Weight Management-related research updates.
- FNCE® activities, including member networking events and sponsored educational programs.
- Opportunities for leadership and professional growth.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Weight Management DPG or need additional information, please contact the WM Executive Office.