Empowering members to be the leading authority on evidence-based vegetarian nutrition for food and nutrition professionals, health care practitioners and the public.
Optimizing global health and well-being by creating and disseminating vegetarian nutrition educational materials, supporting cutting edge research and developing influential policy.
The Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group is an invaluable resource to all those who want access to concise, reliable, cutting-edge resources and information on plant-based diets. The group focus is food patterns that are primarily or exclusively based on plant foods. Members work in clinical settings, private practice, foodservice, community programs, education, health promotion, media and research. Whether working with clients who are vegetarian, are a vegetarian yourself, or are looking for outstanding information on plant-based nutrition, the group will be delighted to welcome you.
- Quarterly newsletter.
- RDN resources and consumer handouts with the latest information on hot topics in vegetarian nutrition.
- Professional and public websites with ready-to-print RDN resources, client handouts, recipes and blog posts on hot plant-based topics.
- Email List for members to facilitate networking and communication.
- State Coordinators who serve as a local link to the national group.
- Monthly emails with updates on vegetarian nutrition.
- Research awards.
- Speaker stipend awards.
- Opportunities for leadership development.
- Student Coordinator for student connection and mentoring.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group Award of Excellence in Service and Leadership
- Cyndi Reeser Outstanding State Coordinator of the Year Award
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group Research Grant Award ($10,000 yearly)
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
Vegetarian Nutrition Update is published quarterly and includes original articles featuring the latest information on plant-based diets, practice tips, summaries of recent research, and book reviews. A continuing professional education article is published regularly. Individuals not eligible for Academy membership may subscribe to Vegetarian Nutrition Update for $30 per membership year. Contact email@example.com.
Academy Positions Involvement
- Vegetarian diets
- Health implications of dietary fiber
Development of Evidenced-Based Practice Tools
- Members are involved in the development of a Vegetarian Nutrition Evidence Analysis Library that is part of the Academy's Evidence Analysis Library.
VN DPG Alliances
- Vegetarian Resource Group
- Seventh-day Adventist Dietetic Association
Many of the above-mentioned products, services and events support the Academy's Member Initiative, including a brochure and an exhibit that are available by contacting the state coordinators of VN.
VN DPG is constantly working in relationship with business, media and food industries that share our mission, promote plant-based food plans, and support our DPG activities. Past sponsors include Vegetarian Times, ADM, The Peanut Institute, SYSCO, Egg Nutrition Center, Cabot Creamery Cooperative, California Ripe Olives and Corazonas Heart Healthy Snacks.
VN is represented each year at the Academy's Public Policy Workshop.
Development of resources on vegetarian nutrition for the general public, including:
- Consumer website with evidence-based vegetarian nutrition information.
- Consumer Resources on hot topics in vegetarian nutrition.
- Member website links provide consumers with local vegetarian nutrition assistance.
Join VN DPG
To become a member of the Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group follow these steps:
- Step 1: Join the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Step 2: Add Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group (DPG-14) to your Academy Membership
- Step 3: Login at VNDPG.org to access member resources and information
For questions or additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.