Members of Management in Food and Nutrition Systems are managers who work in a variety of settings: health care, college and university, corrections, long term care, hospitality, business, retail, industry and education. The DPG combines management and leadership expertise with knowledge and skills in:
- Food science and safety
- Food service systems
- Financial management
- Nutrition in health and disease
- Human resource management
- Quality assurance and customer satisfaction
Mission: Leading the future of management dietetics.
Vision: MFNS members are the most valued leaders in food and nutrition management.
Officers/Executive Committee Members
- Chair: Shey Schnell, MHA, RD
- Chair-elect: Kim Brenkus, MBA, RDN, LD
- Secretary: Martha Green Sabourin, RD
- Treasurer: Joyce Scott-Smith, MS, RDN, LDN
- Past-Chair: Denisa Cate, MS, RDN, DHCFA, FAND
- Nominating Chair: Antoinette T. Watkins, MS, RD, LD
- Delegate: Mary Angela Miller, MS, RDN
- Director, Communications: Taylor Young, MS, RDN, LD
- Director, Sponsorship: Brian Bachman, RD, LDN
- Director, Membership: Joseph Higgins, MS, RD, LD
- Director, Education: Amanda Goldman, MS, RD, LD, FAND
- Policy and Advocacy Leader: Char Norton, MS, RDN, LD, FADA, FAND, FFCSI, FHCFA
- Market-Link newsletter editor: Kristin Ellis-Wood, RD, CDN
Through systems and services, the DPG's members are the link between customers and their health and nutrition. The objectives of MFNS are to:
- Provide opportunities for networking and continuing professional education.
- Share information on successful practice and strategies.
- Provide tangible membership benefits.
- Identify and recognize member achievements.
- Improve and advance the visibility of the management and dietetic practitioner.
- Seek membership involvement in proposals and research relating to practice.
- Serve as leadership and management resource to Academy initiatives.
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
MarketLink is a quarterly newsletter.
Articles about successful management practices, interventions, strategies, educational materials and information about food and nutrition management are welcome and should be sent to the MFNS Office. Announcements and time sensitive information should be sent to the Executive Director.
Online Member Resources
MFNS has a members-only resource library.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- The Ruby P. Puckette/Elizabeth Frakes Food Management Continuing Education Award is open to MNFS members only — Contact the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation for an application and award criteria.
Connect with Us
Office Phone: 206-935-5104