Dietitians in Business and Communications DPG members are food and nutrition professionals who work for or consult with corporations, businesses or organizations in the food, nutrition communications, public relations, healthcare and other industries. Regardless of the primary work arena, our members focus on effective communication and business skills.
Mission: Empowering DBC members to be food and nutrition business and communication leaders.
Vision: Optimizing health through food and nutrition.
- Chair:Missy Schaaphok, RDN
- Chair-elect: Deanne Brandstetter, MBA, RD, CDN, FAND
- Secretary: Sylvia Klinger, DBA, MS, LDN
- Treasurer: Sarah Hendren, MS, RDN, LDN, CD
- Nominating Committee Chair: Lily Chen, MS, RDN
- Past Chair: Rebecca Holmes, MS, RD
- Online DBC Business Insights Newsletter
- Monthly Take 5 with DBC e-update
- Member-only Electronic Mailing List
- Mentorship program
- Online member directory and member marketplace
- Educational webinars and self-study CPEU
- National and regional networking and educational opportunities
- Academy FNCE® networking reception
- LinkedIn online community
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
DBC's newsletter, DBC Business Insights, is an online newsletter designed to keep your fingers on the pulse of the latest in food industry facts, trends in the marketplace, and relevant articles that build business, communication, and leadership skills. It also highlights inspirational members through the Member Spotlight and promotes upcoming DBC events and activities that offer valuable networking, mentorship and continuing education opportunities.
Connect with Us
PO Box 46998
Seattle, WA 98146
For more information, e-mail or phone: 206/935-5104.