Providing resources and support which empower Behavioral Health Nutrition members to excel in areas of addictions, eating disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health.
Optimizing the physical and cognitive health of those we serve through nutrition education and behavioral health counseling.
- Chair: Megan Kniskern, MS, RD, LD/N, CEDRD-S
- Past Chair: Janice Scott, MS, RDN, DSC, LD
- Chair-Elect: April Winslow
- Treasurer: Jennifer Costello, RD, LDN, LCSW
- Secretary: Carly Siceloff, MS, RD, LDN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Christina Lowe, RD, LD
- HOD Representative: Tammy Beasley, RDN, CEDRD, LD, CSSD
- Public Relations Director: Kathryn Fink Martinez, RD, LD, CEDRD
- Sponsorship Chair: Sarah Gleason
- Website Coordinator: Kathryn Russell, MS, RDN, FAND
- PAL: Kacy Grossman
- Event Chair: Mackenzie Reeser, RDN, LDN
- Publications Chair: Jaimie Winkler, RD, LDN
- Newsletter Editor: Becky Hudak, RDN
- Resource Professionals:
- Addictions: Vacant
- Eating Disorders: Marci Evans, CEDRD, CPT, LDN
- Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities: Jean Daniello, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE
- Mental Health: Julia Cassidy, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S
- NEW: Webinars will now be only $10 for members.
- NEW: Monthly E-blasts detailing current events, hot topics, research, CEUs, Member profiles and more.
- Two Annual BHN Newsletters with free CEUs offered; published in September and May.
- BHN Calendar of Events includes events and activities related to our areas of practice that can include local, state, national and international events sponsored by service and professional organizations, colleges and institutions, government and our members. You can submit an event for posting online.
- Four FNCE® Scholarships (registration) offered each year; two for student members and two for professional members.
- Mentoring program: Members interested in being a mentor or those who need mentoring – complete the online application in the Members section.
- Sign up to be on an active EML, get information on resources, ask questions and collaborate with colleagues.
- The online Forum in the Members section encourages members to check out postings and to post your own general questions and share advice. Read the instructions to post and get started.
- Resources in all areas four practice areas are available online with links to national organizations, research and more.
- Join the BHN Speaker’s Bureau by going to the BHN website and the Speakers Bureau drop down to complete a survey.
- Students: BHN Students have a Facebook group where the DPG shares ideas and create opportunities for involvement. The DPG also supports a student blog in this area of practice with monthly postings by its student membership.
Academy Positions Involvement
- "Nutrition Intervention in the Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Other Eating Disorders"
- "Providing Nutrition Services for Infants, Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs"
- "Oral Health and Nutrition"
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
Award presented annually at FNCE®:
- Excellence in Research
- Excellence in Advocacy
- Excellence in Clinical Practice
- Excellence in Interdisciplinary Education
- Excellence in Written Communication
- Excellence in Social Media Communication
- Excellence in Professional Integrity
- Honored Member - Student
- Honored Member - Future of Dietetics
- Honored Member - Career Achievement
- Friend of BHN
Academy Members: $30
Student Dues: $10