As an Academy member, you know the value of membership firsthand, and your personal recommendations and experiences will have the greatest impact on your colleagues and peers. Help them accelerate in their careers and thrive in their professions by referring them to join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. With the Get a Member — Get a Dues Credit program you’ll both benefit. The more new and former members you refer between September 1 and December 1, the larger dues credit you will get toward the balance of your 2019-2020 Academy membership dues. Here's how:
Get a Member
Encourage your colleagues and students to sign up for Academy membership by highlighting how Academy membership has helped your career grow.
To qualify, your recruit must be a new Academy member or a former member (not a member during the 2017-2018 membership year) joining or rejoining the Academy for the 2018-2019 membership year. New and rejoining members must become Academy members between September 1 and December 1.
In order to help you recruit members, the Academy is also offering a special Active category member pricing from September 1 and December 1 for membership through May 31, 2019. Have your recruit use promotion code GET19 to waive the $25 processing fee (as applicable) for additional savings and to ensure participation in the program. Learn more about membership qualifications.
Get a Dues Credit
For each qualifying recruit who uses the promo code GET19 and enters your first and last name (no prefix) into the "Who referred you to join today?" section of the online application, you will receive a dues credit toward your 2019-2020 Academy membership dues. Credit amount will be based on the membership category of the recruited member as follows:
- $10 Student
- $10 Retired
- $25 Active
- $15 International
- $15 Associate
Total credit amounts may not exceed the total cost of your Academy membership dues, and cannot be applied toward DPG, MIG or NDEP membership fees.
How do you get credit for referring a new member?
- To get credit when your referral joins, they must enter your first and last name in the "Who Referred You to Join Today?" section of the online membership application. In order to receive credit, your name must be able to be verified by the Academy.
- Your recruit must use promotion code GET19, which also waives the $25 processing fee (as applicable).
- All participants will be notified of their dues credit in February 2019 and dues credits will be deducted from the 2019-2020 Membership Dues amount.
- Only current members in good standing are eligible to receive dues credits through the Get a Member – Get a Dues Credit Program
- Program is valid for members in all membership categories.
- To receive credit for a new recruit, the new member must use promo code GET19 and include your first and last name in the “Who Referred You to Join Today?” section of the online membership application. If the Academy cannot verify the identity of the referring member, no credit will be given.
- Former members who were members of the Academy during the 2017-2018 membership year are not eligible recruits/referrals.
- Academy staff are not eligible to participate.
- Program rules and incentives are subject to change by the Academy. The Academy reserves the exclusive right to interpret these rules.