In accordance with the Academy's strategic vision and mission, the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Leaders Program supports Active members from underrepresented groups within the nutrition and dietetics profession. Four leaders are selected to participate in a two-year leadership program and are provided mentorship, leadership training and networking.
The Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Leaders Program is awarded every two years. Applications will open in the fall of 2022 and will be due on March 1, 2023, for the 2023-2025 cohort.
Academy Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement
The Academy encourages inclusion, diversity, equity and access by striving to recognize, respect and include differences in ability, age, creed, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, size, and socioeconomic characteristics in the nutrition and dietetics profession.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Leaders Program
The Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Leaders Program is a two-year program that supports Active members from underrepresented groups within the dietetics profession as defined by the Academy.
Diversity Leader Program Goals
- Provide education, access and service opportunities to individuals from underrepresented groups in the nutrition and dietetics community as defined by the Academy.
- Encourage more diverse dietetics and nutrition professionals to assume leadership roles.
- Provide leaders with a mentor and group coaching to enhance their career development, expand their professional network, and to provide support in their work and community.
- Develop a more diverse leadership pool.
- Contribute to programs and resources in support of the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Strategic Plan after and beyond the program.
- Active category member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- A member from an underrepresented community as outlined by the Academy's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement.
- Demonstrates professional or volunteer civic/community leadership in application.
- Committed to fully engage in all Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Leaders Program activities.
- Two-year program.
- Attendance at Academy meetings, such as the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®). Travel, lodging, subsistence and registration covered by the Academy. (First year and second year of program)
- Collaboration with a mentor and the other members of the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Leaders Program, past program graduates and the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Committee. (First and second year of program.)
- Participation in a leadership-related Academy online certification course. (Second year of program.)
- Volunteer with an Academy group at the national, affiliate or DPG/MIG level. (Second year of program.)
- Capstone project in support of inclusion, diversity, equity and access within the profession and the organization. (Throughout program.)
Application Consists of the Following
- Applicants are asked to submit their contact information as well as their employers' or organizations' contact information.
- Personal statement addressing why leadership is important, your leadership in the work place and/or community, and how you will serve as a change agent in the nutrition and dietetics profession. Approximately one page in length.
- Letter of support from employer.
- At least one, but no more than three, letter(s) of recommendation.
- Curriculum vitae or resume (recommend a maximum of 25 pages).
- Upload a Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement addressing how you meet the application qualification of being from an underrepresented group as outlined in the Academy's Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Statement.
Applications will be scored on a 100 point scale, which will be assessed using the application documents. Please reference the Score Sheet.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.