A $1,000 award will be given to a dietetics educational program accredited/approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, Academy affiliate, dietetic practice group, member interest group or other recognized Academy group in recognition of past accomplishments to successfully recruit and retain diverse individuals.
Online applications will open in November 2021. Deadline is March 1, 2022.
Academy Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The Academy encourages diversity and inclusion by striving to recognize, respect and include differences in ability, age, creed, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, size, and socioeconomic characteristics in the nutrition and dietetics profession.
- Applicant is an Active category member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics from an ACEND® accredited/approved dietetics educational program, Academy affiliate, dietetic practice group, member interest group or other recognized Academy group.
- Application focuses on the successful recruitment, retention and/or leadership development of an underrepresented community as outlined by the Academy's Diversity and Inclusion Statement.
- Award recipient agrees to share program/project information with Academy as requested.
- A $1,000 award will be provided per year to an ACEND® accredited/approved dietetics educational program, Academy Affiliate, dietetic practice group, member interest group or other recognized Academy group.
- The award may not be given multiple times to one group for the same program.
Application Consists of the Following
- Applicants are asked to submit their contact information as well as their employers' or organizations' contact information.
- Abstract of program to increase and improve recruitment and retention of diverse individuals (recommended max of 250 words).
- Statement addressing recruitment, retention, model and continued support of program.
Applications will be scored on a 100 point scale, which will be assessed using the application documents. Please reference the Score Sheet.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.