ACEND will be conducting a review of each program’s mission, goals and objectives for the 2019 compliance audit. The ACEND Board is asking all programs to demonstrate compliance with Standard 3, Required Elements 3.1-3.3, of the 2017 Accreditation Standards. Programs must make these available for prospective students/interns and the public on the program’s website (Standard 9, Required Elements 9.3.b – mission, goals and objectives and 9.3.c – a statement that program outcomes data are available on request). The mission, goals and objectives are also reflected on the “Required Elements 4.1 and 4.2 Program Evaluation Plan” template.
All programs were to have made any revisions needed to comply with changes to the Standards by July 1, 2018.
Please attach the Program Evaluation Plan and a separate document containing the website link(s) to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No cover letter or narrative needs to be included.
- Submit this information no later than Friday, September 20, 2019.
- The Program Evaluation Plan template can be found on the ACEND website at this link: Standard-Specific Templates.
- To view a webinar for program directors on how to develop program mission, goals and objectives click on this link: Developing a Program Mission- Goals-and-Objectives
- In addition you can view the checklist that ACEND staff will use to conduct the audit here. There are three different checklists based on program type that are included within this single document. The checklist is provided as a self-check tool for program use; it is not necessary for the program to send this completed checklist with the materials requested.
- A $150 late fee will be assessed for information submitted after the September 20, 2019 due date.
The audit will be conducted during fall 2019 with the intent to send results of the compliance audit to each program by December 1, 2019. Should revisions to the mission, goals and/or objectives be needed, programs will be asked to respond by Friday, January 17, 2020.
The 2017 ACEND Accreditation Standards, guidance information and templates are posted on the ACEND Website. Please contact your accreditation manager or email@example.com or 1-800-877-1600 x5400 if you have any questions.