Do you lead by example, constantly taking initiative and thinking creatively? Are you good at organizing projects and communicating with diverse groups of people? Can you listen to the perspectives of many and synthesize them into the best possible outcome? If you have the ability to accomplish all of those things, then the Academy Nutrition and Dietetics has the job for you.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a full-time Senior Manager, Dietetic Practice Group and Member Interest Group Relations. In this role, the Senior Manager will advise, negotiate and consult with Academy stakeholders (officers, members and customers) on Association issues such as management, operations, governance management, finances and philosophical direction.
- Provide strategic support to DPGs and MIGs through consulting and advising executive committee members on numerous diverse and complex functions related to association management.
- Lead DPG and MIG volunteer leaders on establishing efficient and effective governance models.
- Support programming and deliverables to achieve DPG and MIG goals and volunteer development while also aligning with the Academy's Strategic Plan.
- Manage a full range of projects, including, but not limited to, facilitating interactions among Academy units, developing strategic plans, editing publications and correspondence, reviewing and advising on contracts and grants, communications, negotiation auxiliary services, recommending technical solutions, etc.
- Support the Director with the management, organization and growth of the Dietetic Practice Group and Member Interest Group management including the development of new programs and resources to meet the needs of these Groups.
- Work with the Director on the implementation of website strategies leveraging a new platform within the Academy focusing on member engagement, collecting data analytics and maximizing online networking and resources.
- Ideal candidate will have extensive experience with association and/or business management, a proven record of managing diverse opinions and experience working with component (chapters, professional or special interest groups, etc.) groups, ideally in associations
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Association Management, Business Management or other related field
- Strong communication, project management and Microsoft Office skills are necessary
- Some travel required
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.