The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is seeking a motivated individual to join our fast-paced Meeting Services Team as a Senior Manager, Conference and Event Services in our Chicago, Ill. office. The Senior Manager reports to the Director, Conference and Event Services and is responsible for the execution of over 30 small meetings for various Academy departments and the Academy’s annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®).
This position is integral in strategizing, contracting, and managing all conference hotels and contract negotiations to ensure a consistent and significant revenue stream for the Academy.
- Develop action plan with FNCE® housing vendor as well as Transportation Company on how to select appropriate hotels for each FNCE® city. Negotiate and develop transportation contracts and develop final schedule of services. Responsible for all VIP ground transportation.
- Oversee and manage FNCE®/Academy hotel template yearly with vendor to ensure appropriate wording to ensure maximum benefit for the Academy.
- Manage the current FNCE® hotel block each year. Responsible for development of online housing site and oversight for deadline compliance and preparation of weekly housing updates. Manages all usage of comp room nights with each hotel to ensure correct effective use of all cost saving measures. Reviews all hotel invoices for accuracy and correct billing practices.
- Develop budget revenue from FNCE® hotel rebates and commissions. Manages processing of invoice payments for assigned vendors.
- Oversee FNCE® VIP management of over 1,000 VIPs.
- Responsible for all signage for all events within the hotels during FNCE®
- Locate, plan and execute President’s Reception.
- Travels to FNCE® annually.
- Responsible for internal guidance in the planning and implementation of logistics for other Academy meetings, workshops and symposiums. Responsible for over 30 Chicago-based meetings annually. Works with Academy staff contact on meeting specifications, catering and room nights.
- Set up master account with hotel property. Compare housing and airline reservations to ensure correct arrival and departure times.
- Work with volunteer member groups to source and contact meetings when requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Hospitality or Association Management concentrations preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation required.
- Ideal candidate will possess great communication and organizational skills and be able to work well under pressure while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Some travel required (15%)
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy’s office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.