The Accreditation Council for Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, is seeking a full-time Senior Education Program Manager to join our organization. This individual will be responsible for: planning, implementing, directing and evaluating processes to assure that nutrition and dietetics education programs meet national standards for educational quality; providing expert advice and direction to educators, students, and the public on the educational preparation necessary for nutrition and dietetics practice; guiding the implementation of demonstration programs accredited under the future education model accreditation standards and leading collection and analysis of program outcomes and evaluation data.
- Plan, implement, and manage quality assurance processes for nutrition and dietetics education programs
- Communicate information about nutrition and dietetics education and accreditation both orally and in writing to educators, students and the public
- Review and analyze documents and write reports and other documents based on analysis
- Plan, design, present, and evaluate training materials for educators and volunteer leaders
- Guide the implementation of demonstration programs accredited under the future education model accreditation standards
- Oversee competency assessment plans and data collection for demonstration programs
- Lead collection and analysis of annual reports, program outcomes and program evaluation data
- Staff liaison for committees addressing educational and regulatory trends effecting accreditation and nutrition and dietetics education
- Occasional travel for meetings and on-site reviews
- Doctoral degree
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credential
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in nutrition and dietetics education; preferably some as a program director
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in data collection and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and electronic databases
The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and reports, guide competency assessment, resolve problems and apply standards and regulations.
Candidate screening will begin March 1, 2019.
ACEND offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
ACEND promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, ACEND's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks. Telecommuting option is available with expectation of being in the office daily during the orientation period.
ACEND is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.