The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Part-Time Manager (22.5 hours per week), Nutrition Information Services on our Nutrition Information Services team. This critical position requires managing daily activities related to the provision of science-based food and nutrition information services for members and staff. This includes conceptualizing and developing professional resources for members, educational materials for consumers, and technical reviews and edits of food and nutrition materials developed by various Academy groups to ensure accuracy and consistency with Academy mission, vision and philosophy. This position also assists with the development and management of the annual National Nutrition Month® campaign and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day promotion.
- Researches, evaluates, organizes and communicates food and nutrition information on a wide range of topics to members via phone, email and the Academy websites.
- Conducts reviews of consumer and professional resources to ensure accuracy and consistency with Academy policies, positions and philosophy.
- Collaborates with Academy staff to develop, review and edit articles and resources for NIS projects, including National Nutrition Month®.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credentialing; Licensed Dietician Nutritionist preferred.
- Well rounded experience and knowledge of a multitude of nutrition and dietetics practice areas; including clinical dietetics, public health and communications.
- Bachelor's Degree along with 1 year academic training and 5 years experience; Master's degree or 7+ years related experience preferred.
- A broad-based knowledge of food, nutrition and dietetics practice, as well as resources and reference materials.
- The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker and skilled in gathering and analyzing science-based resources and assessing the accuracy of source materials.
- Excellent communications skills, especially in regards to healthy literacy and written communications for both consumers and professionals is desirable.
- Other essential requirements include proficiency with online databases and Microsoft Office suite of products.
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.