The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking an energetic, analytical individual with proven project management skills to fill the Nutrition Researcher for the Nutrition Research Network, Level I position. This position will conduct study coordination, human ethics approval/maintenance, data management, and data analyses for studies being conducted through the Nutrition Research Network. The successful candidate will be someone who can reason and shows good judgement, along with strong decision-making abilities and research training. Competent study coordination requires someone who can troubleshoot study implementation issues with the study design/protocol and planned analysis and interpretation in mind.
- Coordinating NRN research studies including the development and refinement of study protocols and data collection instruments; site, researcher and participant recruitment and on-going training/communication; facilitation of site agreements; preparation of human ethics approval applications and provision of human ethics technical support to participating sites/researchers; organization and facilitation of work group calls; shared oversight and mentoring of Academy Fellows involved in research projects; coordinate with ANDHII Manager, NRN Manager and NRN Director to implement study within budget and to develop study-related budget projections for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Data management and quality monitoring.
- Data analysis and development of data visualizations.
- Abstract and manuscript writing and presentation and webinar development.
- Some travel (5-10% of time) for research-related meetings and study trainings and other scientific conferences.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience along with a Master’s degree in dietetics/food and nutrition, public health, statistics/biostatistics or medical science is required.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credential is required.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability leading a team and working with executive level decision makers.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office products and web-based applications; familiarity with ANDHII, REDCap and statistical software a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess expert analytical skills along with a high level of reasoning, judgment and critical thinking skills. Some travel
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.