The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a motivated Manager, Professional Assessment to work in the Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR). The Manager of Professional Assessment is responsible for planning, implementing, communicating and evaluating the standards, program of work, policies and procedures, test development and administration related to all the speciality certifications. This position supports the online Assess and Learn programs and the CDR Appeals review and processing program.
- Manage the test development, administration and validation activities for a minimum of two testing programs.
- Act as the communications liaison on Speciality Certification and Assess and Learn modules to internal and external audiences.
- Evaluate candidate eligibility to take the examination. Communicate, monitor and track candidate status and manage tracking system. Plan and manage test development, administration and validation activities.
- Assist with the indentification of recruits and orient the Speciality Examination Development Workgroup members.
- Coordinate with testing vendor to manage and address workgroup member issues.
- Resolve candidate testing issues and evaluate and accommodate candidate special testing requests.
- Act as liaison to the Academy Marketing/Communications team. Assist in the design and implementation of communication materials.
- Attend certification meetings.
- Review, evaluate and process CDR appeals for CDR Appeals Panel review, and process decisions.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in dietetics, marketing, education or business.
- RD certification required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience required
- Strong communication, reasoning and judgement skills along with the ability to manage multiple projects, a strong customer service orientation, and demonstrated problem solving skills are prerequisites of this position
- Microsoft Office skills required
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.