The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a full-time, Manager, Education and Advocacy on the Nutrition Services Coverage team. In this role, the manager will create and implement national efforts to support and advance nutrition services coverage and payment. This position will be responsible for creating nutrition services and payment products that advance the Academy's mission and vision.
- Develop new tools, resources and website content on nutrition services payment and coverage, including oversight of independent contractor projects.
- Prepare Academy comments on proposed rules/RFIs related to payment for nutrition services.
- Participate in advocacy work for nutrition services coverage and payment at the national level, along with providing guidance to grassroots advocacy efforts by affiliates and DPGs.
- Manage the Nutrition Services Payment Committee's Speakers Bureau.
- Support the Primary Care Provider Association Advisory Board.
- Support Nutrition Services Payment Committee task forces.
- Respond to member questions on all aspects of nutrition services coverage and payment.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, reasoning and judgment skills; ability to manage multiple deliverables; demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making; a solid understanding of medical coding, quality standards and outcomes and key topics related to the business of dietetics; a resilient customer service orientation to provide members with the products and services that add value, bring credibility to the Academy and help create demand for member services.
- An overall appreciation for professional stances and positions.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Nutrition and Dietetics, plus 1 year of academic training required, Master's degree preferred.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist certification required.
- Strong communication, project management and Microsoft Office skills are necessary.
- Some travel required.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
If interested, please click on the link:
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.